Packaging labels are a necessity in the world of packaging. Whether it’s making sure you know what type of product is in that carton, or helping you figure out which product needed to be shipped, labels are there to help. But what if when these labels will fade away? The information printed on them will serve to be the crucial part for manufacturers to deliver quality products to their customers. Testing the ink printed on labels is an important part of the quality control process that makes it easy for them to make sure the ink will not fade away if gets rubbed. To make it easy for packaging manufacturers to conduct scuff resistance tests on printed labels, we at Presto have designed one of the quality lab testing instruments known as the scuff resistance tester. This is one of the high-quality testing equipment used by packaging manufacturers to test the quality of prints on the products like labels.
Here in this blog, we will discuss how Presto scuff tester works efficiently to deliver scuff-proof products in the packaging industry. But before that, let us focus on the needs of packaging labels and how they can be tested.
The Need for Labels in the packaging industry
Labels are necessary for ensuring the safety of products and their users. Products that require specific handling, such as hazardous materials, must have labels to indicate this. Additionally, many products have mandatory labeling requirements from government agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Without proper labeling, it can be difficult for consumers to identify what is inside the package and whether it is safe to consume. This can also lead to product recalls, which can be costly for brands and retailers. Additionally, incorrect labeling can put consumers at risk if they are not aware of potential dangers associated with a product.
Thus, testing the scuff resistance ability of these packaging labels is necessary to make sure accurate products will be delivered to the customers with ease. Presto is a leading manufacturer of lab testing instruments and provides a high-quality scuff tester that helps the manufacturers to test the quality of their printed labels with ease. Let us read brief information about this high-quality testing equipment.
Introduction about scuff resistance tester
The scuff resistance tester designed by the experts at Presto is one of the high-quality lab testing instruments that is used to test the scuff resistance strength of packaging labels or similar printed material. Users can easily test the scuff-proofness of their materials with the advanced uniform load mechanism. This easy-to-install lab testing equipment will produce highly accurate testing results and reduce the printing error from the products. The prima model of this laboratory testing instrument comes with an HMI display that makes it easy for the users to conduct the scuff resistance test on the materials.
This lab testing equipment plays a vital role in the packaging industry and has been made in accordance with industry standards that include ASTM F 2497-05. This lab testing instrument can be operated manually or in a motorized manner with an input voltage of 5 Amp. 220 V AC, Single Phase, 50 Hz + Earth. Below we have listed the features of this high-quality lab testing instrument.
Features of Presto scuff resistance tester
Labels play an important role in packaging. They provide essential information to consumers, such as product ingredients, storage instructions, and recall warnings. In addition, labels can help protect products from damage by categorizing them as fragile and non-fragile items. Testing these labels is an important part of the quality control process and making sure that accurate products will be delivered to the customers with ease. You can also read about the importance of scuff resistance tests in the packaging industry.
The Presto scuff resistance tester is considered to be high-quality lab testing equipment that will test the scuff resistance of materials with ease. Below we have listed the advanced features of this high-quality lab testing equipment.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Reduce printing error by effective testing
- Highly accurate testing results of printing quality
- It has been pre-set with a large number of strokes (typically 100 cycles)
- The machine can be started as per customer specifications
- Sample can be tested within a short span of time
- Consists of an HMI display for accurate reading of the test.
Technical Specifications of Presto scuff resistance tester
- Model Type: Prima Model
- Test Weight: 2psi (Customized as per Requirement)
- Rubbing: Anti-Directional @60rpm by both upper jaw and lower jaw
- Display: HMI
- Digital Counter Range: 0-9999 Counts
- Diameter of Upper Clamp: 48mm ± 2mm
- Diameter of Lower Clamp: 120mm ± 2mm
- Upper Motor Capacity: 10kg/cm2 / 220VAC Single Phase Synchronous
- Lower Motor Capacity: ¼ HP / 220VAC Single Phase, 120RPM
- Rotation of Upper Clamp: Anti-clockwise @60 rpm
- Rotation of Lower Clamp: Clockwise @60 rpm
- Safety Lock Provided with: Provided with Panel
- Mode of Operation: Manual/ /Motorized
- Input Voltage: 5 Amp. 220 V AC, Single Phase, 50 Hz + Earth
- Sample Preparation Templates: 3 Nos. (50, 100, 200)
- Standard: ASTM F 2497-05
With these features and technical specifications, users can easily evaluate the rub-proofness of materials with ease. Besides its use in the packaging industry, this high-quality lab testing instrument can also be used in the pharmaceutical industry. You can read about the importance of scuff tester in the pharmaceutical industry. Now, let us discuss how you can easily conduct scuff resistance tests on the materials.
How do measure the scuff resistance strength of packaging labels?
As we have discussed above labels play an important role in the packaging industry, testing them is also essential for the manufacturers to make sure accurate products will be delivered to the customers with ease. Thus, we have listed the steps to measure the scuff resistance strength of packaging labels.
- Whenever you conduct a scuff resistance test, then you should prepare the sample first.
- Once the sample will be prepared, then place it accurately on the upper and lower clamp of the machine.
- Start operating this machine accurately after clamping the samples on both sides. Now you can easily set the number of cycles from the preset cycle timer i.e. between 0 – 9999 counts. Now put the weight of 2psi on the machine which is provided with the device.
- Now push the start button to start the test. You can also click on the reset button during the test to reset the test procedure and then again start the button.
- After test completion, unclamp both the jaws and take out the samples.
- Observe the sample for scuffs of the printed material.
In this way, you can easily test the scuff resistance test on the materials. You can even take a free sample testing session for this high-quality lab testing equipment by calling us at +91-9210903903 or emailing us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.