In the packaging industry, testing the tearing ability of the materials is an important aspect of quality control. Thermoplastic films are used extensively in the packaging industry due to their unique properties. They are lightweight, strong, and have the ability to be heat-sealed. These properties make them ideal for use in a variety of packaging applications such as food packaging, medical packaging, and industrial packaging. Thus, to test the tearing ability of plastic films in the packaging industry, we at Presto have designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a tearing strength tester.
This is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that will help to determine the tearing ability of thermoplastic films and other related materials like fabrics, and other similar materials. This quality testing equipment has been designed as per industrial standards that include ASTM D1424-09(2013), ASTM D624-00(2012), ASTM D1776, and ASTM D689. In this blog, we are going to provide you with information about tearing strength tester and how this quality lab testing equipment is useful in testing the tearing ability of the materials.
What is the need of testing the tearing strength of materials?
Tearing resistance is one of the most important properties to consider when testing materials for use in a variety of applications. It is a measure of how resistant a material is to being torn or ripped apart and can be tested in different ways.
Tearing strength is an important property for many materials, especially those that are used in applications where they will be subject to high levels of stress. There are many reasons why it is important to test the tearing strength of materials. Below we have mentioned them:
– Assessing the durability of materials used in packaging and other industrial applications.
– Evaluating the performance of textiles, thermoplastic films, and other related materials.
– Ensuring the durability of products against tearing force.
These are some of the reasons that indicate the importance of testing the tearing strength of materials. You can read more on the importance of testing the tearing ability of the materials here. Now, let us discuss a brief about the Presto tearing strength tester.
All about Presto tearing strength tester
Testing the tear strength of materials is an important part of quality assurance when it comes to manufacturing products. Tear tests allow us to determine how susceptible a material will be to physical damage and can help manufacturers to make informed decisions on design, cost, and the selection of suitable materials.
By having accurate tear data available before production even begins, manufacturers can save time and money while also improving product safety. Thus, to make it easy for the manufacturers to conduct tearing strength test on the materials, we at Presto has designed a high-quality lab testing instrument known as a elmendorf tearing strength tester.
This Elmendorf tearing strength tester is one of the high-quality lab testing equipment that has been designed as per industrial standards that includes ASTM D1424-09(2013), ASTM D624-00(2012), ASTM D1776, ASTM D689. This high-quality lab testing equipment will help to determine the average force required to propagate a single tear starting from a cut in plastics, paper, and cardboard.
This testing equipment comes with a set of calibrated check weights which are supplied by the tester for verification of the scale at 1600, 3200, and 6400 grams of capacities.
Besides measuring the tearing strength of thermoplastics, this quality lab testing instrument can also measure the tearing strength of fabrics efficiently. Now, let us discuss briefly the features of this quality testing equipment.
Features of Presto tearing strength tester
Tearing strength test can also help identify any potential manufacturing or design flaws that could cause the material to tear prematurely. In some cases, the tearing strength of materials will help to determine the suitability of materials for certain applications.
There are many features you will get with the help of the Presto tearing strength tester that we have listed below.
- The unit of measurement is “mN” i.e. mega newton.
- The laboratory equipment comprises a falling pendulum to cover various angles.
- The instrument is supplied with cutting templates, a board, and a cutting knife for preparing a sample for the test.
- There is the start and stop functions to hold the pendulum for safety.
- The test parameters include peak load, median load, and tearing strength.
- The procedure is done to determine tearing strength that involves a cut in the center. An opposing tail, known as the “tongue” is duly clamped in the instrument.
- High-Quality rugged structure with the corrosion-resistant main body
- Falling pendulum-type instrument
- Single-handed hassle-free operation
- Highly accurate test results under multiple pendulum weights
- Strong gripping fixture for holding test samples
- Pendulum release mechanism to cover the various measuring range
- Inbuilt calibration weights
Technical specifications of Presto tearing strength tester
- The machine is available with capacities of 1600 grams, 3200 grams, and 6400 grams.
- The clamp surface of each clamp is Length 35.5 mm x M 15.5 mm.
- The distance between both clamps is 2.5 +/-0.25mm.
- The size of the slit is 20mm.
- The machine is equipped with a measurement scale reading in the range of 0 to 100%.
- The machine is available with calibrated weights of 1600 grams, 3200 grams, and 6400 grams.
- Accuracy: ± 2% within the entire range.
- Least count of scale: 1%
- Pendulum Release Mechanism: Manual through release brake pin
- Finish: Powder-coated Havel Gray & Blue combination finish and bright chrome/zinc plating for a corrosion-resistant finish
With these high-end features and technical specifications, one can accurately test the tearing ability of the materials and ensure that quality products will be delivered to the customers.
Besides this, the tearing strength tester is easy to install and can perform accurate testing on the materials. You can easily conduct a free sample testing session for this quality testing equipment by giving us a call at +91-9210903903 or emailing us at email@example.com. Our team of technical experts will consult you regarding all your needs and queries.
Read More- Tearing strength